Monday, July 13, 2009

Philosophical Thought of the Week!

Before I start in I got this from Facebook a ways back in my Notes area. I wrote this a while ago and I still love the things I wrote, because I can read them and see how I changed as a person. Putting all these thoughts to text really helped me through a struggle and I loved doing it, and I still do, which is why I'm writing this here blog.


So after a recent spring in my philosophical insights I've decided that every week I'm going to come out with some philosophical thought and write it down in note form here on Facebook. I'll be like the Plato of the Sophomore class more or less. Here is where I'll explain my reasoning typically, most of it will be, "I had this random thought during [insert random class here.] or [insert song lyric(s), name, and artist here] got me thinking. Today it's more or less a mix of the two. I'm thinking about how people relate to each other, and how relationships can form without knowing the depths of someone. I realized that some of my friends who make up the "outer circle"(To take from Mrs. lenz's description of the Church and its inner-workings.) are people who I know literally NOTHING about. I don't spend time with them outside of school-sanctioned activities either, so how can I have these "amazing" times with them? I mean, I won't deny, high school has been one of the greatest times of my life, and not just because middle and grade school was sheer torture for me where every day I lost a bit of myself and learned to like myself less and less, but because it's just amazing. The people for some reason or another are a joy to be around, and I can't quite understand why, other than the fact that it's some sort of fake mask we put on. Yes, you out-of-the-loop kids who think you're not fake, you're fake too. Just because the pops are more open about it doesn't mean you're not equally as fake. Don't believe me? Next time you go to smoke weed or whatever you do together ask yourself, "What is the person on my right's favorite color?" Now do that for everyone in the circle. See? Not as real as you thought.(Mine is black, by the way.)

Now, I say this with one person in mind over the holiday weekend I couldn't wait to see them, even though I had their phone number and could have texted them, I wanted to see them and jack around in class with this person. I can't quite explain why other than the fact that the beginnings to these friendships have turned into a sort of "drug" or "Addictant" for us for lack of a better word, and we feel the need to continue superficially having a good time with these people and then hanging out with the next group. The preps, druggies, goths, nerds, and even the jocks do it. I know you've seen it happen and thought, "How could they be so fake?" Well, it's because you are too. It's part of everyone's life to be fake, and the few that aren't are doomed to live their life in mild happiness as a philosopher. I'm by no means saying I'm not fake, but I'm saying there's certain points where sitting there with someone and having nothing to really talk about gets old, and I think that everyone should have these experiences, even if it's their fate to end up in a mental hospital, because it's a great experience to get out and be able to be fake amongst other fake people, even though you know those people probably don't like you or know anything other than your name and the girl your dating.

I hope you were able to follow the chaos through the forest of err, the 9 rings of Hell, Mount Purgatory, and into the enlightened Heaven that is these final sentences. I promise that my next week's philosophy will be a bit more planned out, I sat down and did this in one sitting and my head hurts a little as well as the fact I'm exhausted due to a lack of sleep. Have a nice week, and I'll see you next time. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment